Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Big Megger
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a question which I would like some advice. I was driving in a new area and was looking where I was going, not the speedo for a second.

As I went under a bridge, I noticed Trigger lines on the road and when I entered the lines or just before I was doing around 33 mph according to my speedo ( the needle was between the 30 and 35 ).

as I noticed the lines I hit the brakes and slowed down and exited around 25 MPH according to my needle.

Is there any chance I could get a ticket for this speed, as I can't say I noticed any flash in my mirror, and I think when I passed a speed warning sign before, at 30 mph on my needle, it was 27 on the board.

I never speed heavy in areas, and I have never had points before. Any help is apprecioated.

Anthony

·
MEG Corporal
533 Posts
Unlikely - speedos are supposed to be accurate at 30mph and a couple of mph above the limit is most unlikely to trgger any camera light!!! The painted lines do not necessarily indicate the presence of a camera in any case (could have been moved/never existed. IF you are unlucky then you will receive a NIP inside 2 weeks!

·
still lost
1,372 Posts
i got done for 34mph in a 30 zone an it was down hill :angryfire: but got sent on a drivein corse so no points

·
Im Back !!!!
3,483 Posts
Also your needle is not precise, you can not say exactly how fast you were going just from an analogue speedo, so you say 33mph, but could well have been 30mph and so no problem.

Mate do not worry in the slightest, if you truely were doing 33mph then i doubt a camera would even bother flashing.

Rusdee, ill take back what i just said if you were caught on a static camera, however a mobile camera is down to the officers discretion (sp?)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
My speedo is about 10% out, can follow a lorry that i know is restricted to 56mph (i know cos i worked on them! :L) and my speedo says 62-63 mph...

Like said, wouldnt worry too much just now... :L

·
Big Megger
234 Posts
Disco_Mikey said:
My speedo is about 10% out, can follow a lorry that i know is restricted to 56mph (i know cos i worked on them! :L) and my speedo says 62-63 mph...

Like said, wouldnt worry too much just now... :L
My speedo is out by -5mph(I checked with a speed gun) but i do have smaller tyres on.

I am a lorry driver I a can you that not all lorry`s are limited to 56mph. Some limiters are set between 52mph and 56mph. They are all meant to be set to 85kmh but some are out.

Speed camera tigger limits are meant to be 10% plus 2mph according to ACPO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts