Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A month or so ago I recieved a parking ticket for not displaying a ticket in the car park. I have a permit for said car park and it was on display at the time, only when the ticket was issued the windows were misted up with condensation due to cold weather ( I know this because they sent me photographs) and the permit couldn't be seen. Anyway, I contested it and lost, resulting in me still having to pay the fine. Due to my fine memory I forgot all about it and I've now recieved a letter saying that they are going to send bailiffs out to recover the debt and issue me with a CCJ. Am I likely to lose my car or get it impounded? The fine has totalled up to 90 quid. Where do I stand?

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
as above :L

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
That letter is a last and final warning IIRC. Pay it asap and phone them to say it's paid.

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
Alun said:
Hi all,

A month or so ago I recieved a parking ticket for not displaying a ticket in the car park. I have a permit for said car park and it was on display at the time, only when the ticket was issued the windows were misted up with condensation due to cold weather ( I know this because they sent me photographs) and the permit couldn't be seen. Anyway, I contested it and lost, resulting in me still having to pay the fine. Due to my fine memory I forgot all about it and I've now recieved a letter saying that they are going to send bailiffs out to recover the debt and issue me with a CCJ. Am I likely to lose my car or get it impounded? The fine has totalled up to 90 quid. Where do I stand?
Are the tickets sticky? If not, then go to the local papers - that's just a p*ss take IMO...

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it was stuck to the windscreen with some force. It was like wrestling with Stretch Armstrong trying to get it off.

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry! I posted it up elsewhere but I think I posted it in the wrong place. I'll have to pay more attention next time.

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Just read this and all i can say is they are taking the pee mate big time. If your windows mist up while your away from the car, what are you supposed to do about it? Have a bloody heater plugged into your battery to prevent it from happening? Barstewards. When it gets a little colder and your windscreen frosts over are you going to get another ticket? Sadly though mate theres not a lot you can do about it unless you take them to court or something. Looks like your going to have to pay up im afraid.

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
This case stinks. :crazy:

When you say 'permit', do you mean a permit for a week or month, or just a pay and display ticket?

If it is a permit as opposed to a ticket, then surely all you should need to do is present the permit for the time you got the ticket. In fact, come to that, if it was just a ticket that should do too.

Any excuse to get a bit more dosh out of us. :angryfire:

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
so therefore they know that you are in possesion of a valid permit , i cant see how they can try and do you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got a ticket for not having a ticket at Nottm train station.

What happened was my dopey mate jumped out of the car to buy the ticket whilst I parked up, he came back to the car and put it face down on the dash. I got the ticket which I contested by sending a copy of the original and it was cancelled.

I would be speaking to a solicitor about this and going to the local rag. They can surely not have a leg to stand on.

How can you be in the wrong (misted up windows aside) if you can present a copy / proof that you were entitled to park there legally.

·
6,199 Posts
Alun said:
It's a proper quarterly permit costing me 130 quid every 3 months, or 480 quid a year! :shocked:
So even if your windows were misted on the inside, you could still prove that you had the permit.

I'd be seeking legal advice...

·
6,199 Posts
Alun said:
Thats traffic wardens for you! How do they sleep at night?
Horlicks :whistling:

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's owned by the council and I think the wardens work for them, not too sure. I do however think that the permit has to be displayed and they're saying that it wasn't. I still havn't paid and I think it's now up to the bailiffs. However, I think I've been a bit naughty here. Since me moving up here to Blackpool I havn't changed the address on my driving licence. Not intentionally, it's just something I've never thought of doing, so they have my previous address, which is why I probably havn't had a visit yet. Oops!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.