Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
i doubt it will bolt straight on in place of the old one, so i'd say no mate, sorry.

there is a possibility of getting it to fit if you fabricate brackets, but you may then find the hoses don't fit.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bit more pricey but so far first i found http://www.tickover.co.uk/cooling.htm
I seen that mate so I called up earlier this evening and they said he couldn't get one and to try burton power, I did that and back to square one.

There's a bloke in Birmingham breaking a capri like mine and selling the 4 speed gearbox, stick etc. probably cost between 200 and 250 maybe for everything. I might contact him and ask if he can give me a good price on everything I need to turn it manual. I can get parts easier for a manual.

Would the engine that's in my car now still be ok if I did turn it manual mate?

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
yes, i did it to a sierra, and i'd not done it before, i have a mate who liked his tinas and sierras and knows a bit about them,

off the top of my head (been a while since i did it) i can tell you that you'll need the prop, box and gear lever, pedal box, cables, clutch, if your rad is leaking oil it shouldn't matter, if it leaks coolant add to list. i can't remember if i changed the carb, i think i did as i think the other has kickdown.

other than that you just need to join the starter inhibitor switch wires together (just below the gear lever on the box) so it starts like a manual (as manual doesn't have park or neutral sensor)

iirc the reverse switch plugged straight in.

props come in different lengths, the 5 speed box is longer than the 4 speed,

there's no ecu, everything runs mechanically,

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts