Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Ford have any plans for making a 4x4 or AWD version of the EcoSport? I'd be interested in waiting for the 4x4 if I knew they had a version coming out in the next year or two.

·
ME
5,869 Posts
I very much doubt it as it's based on the Fiesta platform which isn't available in 4x4 or awd form. I think it's more aimed at people that like the appearance of a 4x4 but don't need 4x4 like the Nissan Qashqui or Joke.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hadn't thought of this, but actually, it would probably be a nice feature to have AWD. However, it would probably turn it into a recreational vehicle, and I don't think that was Ford's intention.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think a lot of SUVs these days are made without all-wheel drive. That's fine for me as I really only want an SUV because it sits up so much higher than a car. I don't really need to go off-road in it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes! Its already been released in some other markets, and the AWD version is due here for 2018. It'll be a grip sensing on demand system, so will only engage the rears when the car senses a loss of grip, which is ideal for these little cars. That may be enough to tempt me into one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts