Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Window noises at rear right

443 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bioworm 
#1 ·
hello,

I got from a couple of months, a noise at the rear right side of the car. Listening carefully while driving, it seems to be like an unscrewed window, hitting with other thing on grainy roads

I've already replaced drop links, roll bar bushes. Subframe bushes looks good (i screwed them more to check, one of them was very little unscrewed). Safety belt Holder looks good for both rear passengers.

I think it's coming from the rear right door... this noise is very difficult to find. Rear shocker top mount can be the last thing to change (including shocker and all accessories around of course), but i don't want to spend money if i don't find something.. :/

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you

#2 ·
I also have a noise comming from the rear right door, but only whne the engine is cold and idles. It sounds like something vibrates with that specific engine frequency, possibly sounds like a window resonating inside the door.

I am just waiting for some better weather (lots of rain now) to the door card off and see if I can locate it.

Note: it started doing this only after I intsalled plastic wind deflectors, however, the windows closes smoothly and completely. Did not take them off to trst it out though, as the metal springs that hold them up there are a pain to take out.

I will try to remember to post any findings here once I get to it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.