Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peeps,

its been a while, I have been doing up my 1980 Capri and I am nearly there I have three jobs left to do in the spring the cylinder head the steering and fit a new windscreen I bought a new one but it didn't fit its a different size I bought new rubbers to go with it didn't fit with the old rubber either it turns out its for a 1981 so could any one tell me witch rubbers I need the windscreen is narrower than the original

cheers.

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you get the rubber from, East Kent trim supplies or Burtons by any chance? The rubbers on a Mk3 didn't change until 1983 to the 'thicker type' which they supply, you need the earlier thinner rubber such as this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Capri-Mk1-Mk2-Mk3-Windscreen-Front-Screen-Rubber-Seal-NEW-3000E-1600GT-/271195838443
Hi Steve,

thanks' for that believe it or not that's the very one I got but the actual screen is narrower as I said it just pushed out

I need a thicker rubber so are you saying I need a 1983 rubber

cheers

Gary.

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
Yes the screen size changed, the later ones are 1cm smaller all round and use a thicker rubber seal, sounds like you need one of the later 83 onward screen rubbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts