Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front and rear screen washers don't work on my MK3 Estate. The front washers squirt for second and then dribble, if I press the stalk button again they squirt for second and then dribble and so on. The rear washer does not work at all. The front and rear wipers work as they should in washer mode.

Any ideas before I dismantle the car to get at the washer bottle?

Steve

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
Lack of water at the rear wash-wipe could be a disconnected pipe at the union not far inside the headlining near where the tailgate pipe & cabling dissapear into the roof. That's what I found when mines didn't work.

As for the front. Have you tried disconnecting the offending pipe from the washer-jet to see if there's water getting to it... and/or, swapping the good washer-jet with the bad one???

·
Registered
974 Posts
ive just fixed a problem like this on a mk2, jack up the front drivers side and remove the guard from bottom of bumper, pull the washer pump away from the bottle and them lever out the rubber grommet then open top of the bonnet and ask someone to spray a hose into the top of the washer bottle, hold a bucket over the hole at bottom of bottle to prevent loads of water squirting onto your engine, or do what i done and just replace the whole bottle for a cleaner one from the scrapers yard

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
[quote name=Steve 20VT LE]The front and rear screen washers don't work on my MK3 Estate. The front washers squirt for second and then dribble, if I press the stalk button again they squirt for second and then dribble and so on. The rear washer does not work at all. The front and rear wipers work as they should in washer mode.

Any ideas before I dismantle the car to get at the washer bottle?

Steve[/quote]

all you need is this

;) :L

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, fixed it. The gromit / filter was blocked. Cleaned this and all is working fine.

Cheers,
Steve

PS water from washer bottle can be very stagnent and smelly. keep clear of the washer bottle when you remove the gromit - I didn't and got covered!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.