Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having recently upgraded from an 08 titanium x estate 140 with alcantara trim to a 12 titanium x estate 163 model with full leather I am finding that the side ribbing on the seat is very prominent especially near the back of the seat (as indicated) and is quite uncomfortable especially on the right hand side. Im not a big chap by any means but I am finding that I'm having to sit slightly skewed to stop this 'rib' from sticking into the top of my leg and will resort to using a piece of foam to soften its outline. Anyone else found the windsor full leather seats uncomfortable or is it just me or indeed my seat which is at fault?

Attachments

·
Bigger Megger than before
562 Posts
I have the same seats as you, on an 11 plate TitX, which I've owned since July 2011. This is my first car with full leather so I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of comfort.

I can honestly say I find them very comfortable, even on 400 - 500 mile drives with just the normal 'convenience' stops. I do make a bit of use of the heated elements and regularly treat the seats to a good clean with leather cream to keep the material soft and supple. I certainly haven't noticed 'high points' on the stitching to which you refer.

Perhaps it's a question of getting used to them. With a bit more use they'll probably soften up.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I too have a 12 plate Titanium x with Windsor leather after a mk 4 Titanium x with Alcantara. I am perhaps a little larger than an average size & I have no issues with the seats. If you don't have the same issue with the passenger seat as both are electric height adjustable then there should be no differences I would get your car back to the dealer ASAP as trim only has a one year warranty.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
I would get your car back to the dealer ASAP as trim only has a one year warranty.
As Mondeo Al said, get it back to the dealer quick.

Which reminds me that ever since I purchased mine at 4 months old, something in the back of my driver seat seems loose. Seems to be around the lumbar region and is maybe the reason I think the seat is uncomfortable on long journeys.

It can be semi-remedied by tightening up the lumbar knob, but my guess is it shouldn't be like that.

I'll get the dealer to check it out when it's in for a service.

·
Little Megger
105 Posts
Having recently upgraded from an 08 titanium x estate 140 with alcantara trim to a 12 titanium x estate 163 model with full leather I am finding that the side ribbing on the seat is very prominent especially near the back of the seat (as indicated) and is quite uncomfortable especially on the right hand side. Im not a big chap by any means but I am finding that I'm having to sit slightly skewed to stop this 'rib' from sticking into the top of my leg and will resort to using a piece of foam to soften its outline. Anyone else found the windsor full leather seats uncomfortable or is it just me or indeed my seat which is at fault?
Hello Paul,

I know this is an old post but I am experiencing the same problem in my 13 (May) plate Titanium X 163 Hatch that has the Windsor leather trim. From day one my 14.5 stone frame found it uncomfortable but I am perservering with it in the hope that the sides will soften with use , which after 5 months it seems to be a bit easier than it was or perhaps I am getting used to it, I dont know which.

I previously owned ( and still do ) the MKIII Ghia Mondeo with full leather trim and that is extremely comfortable. And I cant believe that they didnt give the MKIV the same seating adjustment controls either !.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts