Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Big Megger
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seats have come. The drivers seat has 2 plugs underneath. The yellow one which i have somewhere to connect, and a black one. Is i right in guessing that the black plug is for the seat ajustment. It has 3 pins and the following coloured wires :eek:range, black, and blue/white. Could anybody tell me how to wire this plug up ?

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
look under the black wiring flap on the floor where your seat is going you should have the two connecter blocks where they plug into, one of the may be blocked off with a false cap, pull that out and plug them in, one is for seat belt/airbag the other is for the elctric seat/ heated

·
Big Megger
451 Posts
im guessing your original seat wasnt electrically height adjustable (just one switch)? Mines a 98 lx, and it did have that feature. Under the carpet in the flap there was another wire for the heated bit, but on the passenger side there wasnt, so went about wiring them in myself - see the worksop section for a how to on the heated seats. Didnt bother adding owt about the electric adjustment as I assumed they all had a electric height adjustable drivers seat anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi

Just fitted leather seats to my mk2 TD GLX. All wiring was there and everything was installed.... however.... on the bottom of the drivers seat, there are several cables with connectors which are connected to the buttons on the seat.... unfortuantely one of mine had been cut so i don't get the seat back to move (recline/not recline - if you know what i mean).

My question is, can i just cut the female end of the plug off the missing connection and scotch lock then to the wires that have had the male plug cut off....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.