Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I have just started putting a leather interior into my mk 1 v6 si and have found the plug to plug in to under the passenger carpet for the heated seat but it will not work. Is there a fuse or relay for the heated seat on the passenger side I presume as the drivers side already has electric to it for height adjustment this will be ok will the heaters work on that side off the same plug
hope this makes sense
cheers
stu

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
The heated part of the 2 seats have there own plugs that run from a brown relay in the drivers footwell, you cannot use the feed from the up\down wires.

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
there is a relay you require where the flasher relays are, just in front of the ecu.
You require this and the seats will work a treat

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I have located where the relays are am I right in thinking it is a panel that is bolted somehow onto either the ecu or the amp for the stereo all I can see from under the drivers footwell is 3 plugs with orange wires on them but I cant see how they drop down to try and plug in a relay also I went to my local scrapyard to find some brown relays but all of the cars were pretty basic models lx etc and I could not find any with brown relays I could find black ones only will they do or should I just get them from frauds
cheers again
stu

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
i found the flasher relay works and if you use a 10mm socket there are two nuts either side of the alarm control box, when you take this off the other relay bracket is attached behind it
Use of the other relays and it works nice.
But remember you need those other relays in place so go and get one of those from a breakers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts