Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Wishbone typical noise?

3657 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  leebaker98
Not had chance to get my car up and check properly but suspect the front wishbone bushes are shot. For anyone who's had this does it typcally make a loud rattling when taking off and turning to a virating grind if you give it some, so to speak?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Mine didnt - only noise was a clunk/knock on applying lock while going up an incline (tuning into drive for example) This is with both front bushes gone (the one furthest to the front of the car on each wishbone)
Ah, may be something more sinister then :S Did start off with the same symptoms as you describe mate, just got a lot worse recently, sounds and feels like bolt against bush housing. Have to hope the rain holds off tomorrow so i can get it on the axle stands
:)

if its wet pop into kwik fit for a free brake / susspension check, then go buy the parts and fit them . :driving:
rxt_ian said:
Mine didnt - only noise was a clunk/knock on applying lock while going up an incline (tuning into drive for example) This is with both front bushes gone (the one furthest to the front of the car on each wishbone)
Yep that's the same noise I've got at the moment (only turning right), just got a pair of new arms this morning.

tallant said:
:)

if its wet pop into kwik fit for a free brake / susspension check, then go buy the parts and fit them . :driving:
They would most likely say they need replacing anyway to try and get the work!
Pmsl like the kwikfit idea, an yeah quite right, they'd prob write the exhaust off too, anything for a sale. I've been under this morning, found the front roll restrictor bushing had completely disintegrated! Temporarily repaired that with some new exhaust hanger rubbers packed hard into the housing and bonded and what a difference, she ain't been that quiet in a long time. Then did the rear ARB bushes and was shocked over again at how you get used to squeaks and rattles, they were totally shot too. Good morning's achievement :D
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.