Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Little Megger
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I just fitted my new induction cone and what a difference! I mean its not much faster but definetly feels more responsive and revs up easier rather than chugging so im quite chuffed, very easy to fit took 10 mins only downside is it doesn't give off that induction roar you expect but the turbo whistle is alot louder so thats pretty cool.

I was originally gonna just buy a new air filter but when i saw halfords wanted £10 i thought may aswell get a cone. So £15 and 2 days later it turned up from ebay ;)

Can anyone recomend anything else i can do to give a bit more kick for little money?

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
tune the pump to death. look at the sticky at the top of the index

·
Little Megger
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i read up on doing that but im a bit dubious about it i mean is it likly to kill my pump or anything else? this car is on 140k so it has done a few miles also im on the old lucas CAV system so is that different to do it on compared to the bosch?

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
my old MK1 was on 108k when I got shot of it and I had it tuned to the max!!!! and, it ran fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.