Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
23.5 mpg in my new 2.2 TDCI. Posted some quick lap times though :thankyousign:

For some reason, despite resetting the trip computer, the mileage claims I'll only get 495 miles from the next tank full. I guess it learns from your driving style, not just the mpg.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Mine does that - varies between going to 490 and 520 when I fill up. Last tank it said about 520 and started to reduce - then next time I looked it was saying 540. I only really take notice of that when its towards the end of a tank anyway.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Lowest consumption I had in my old MK2 was 36 back in 2004, and the best was 45 back in September - the average from the start of 2005 until I changed in October was 41.76 which was about 2mpg up on previous year.

In my MK3 TDDI, my best so far is 47.2, and lowest 42.2 - current average is 43.9 but thats been steadily rising as the consumption is getting progressively better. I havent been on one long run in her yet so I think I could achieve a lot more. Not ragged it through a tank either yet so dont know just how low it would go (not sure I want to either).

·
Big Megger
416 Posts
never had more than a half a tank in my tdi so cant comment on the range. on a good run going steady the best ive seen on the trip computer is 55.1mpg.with town driving for a few days after that run out the average is now at 46.2 npg , lowest ive seen is 44mpg.
funny i seem to get more mpg than the wife.sure she thinks shes driving her old Fiat and revving it up to 3000rpm before gear changing. :BEEP:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all
Mt trip always shows on average 35-37 mpg, when worked out on a mpg calculator it is 41pg, these figures seem lower than most quote for the TDDi, could it be the fact it is an estate and on 17" wheels?
I am not fussed I am happy with 500 miles per tank just curious really

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
GhiaX44 said:
Hi all
Mt trip always shows on average 35-37 mpg, when worked out on a mpg calculator it is 41pg, these figures seem lower than most quote for the TDDi, could it be the fact it is an estate and on 17" wheels?
I am not fussed I am happy with 500 miles per tank just curious really
Driving style has a heck of a lot to do with consumption, but also depends on your journey types too - if mine were all town driving I would be surprised to see more than late 30's but on a good long run I would expect over 50. If I was ragging it though I would expect nowhere near those figures.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
170 miles round Cadwell on Saturday seems to have taken its toll then.

Still, a few trips on the motorway and sounds like it'll be back to normal.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
grahamb said:
170 miles round Cadwell on Saturday seems to have taken its toll then.

Still, a few trips on the motorway and sounds like it'll be back to normal.
Reset the trip computer, fill up now and it will seem like it never happened :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts