Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , today i had a car full and i had to go over some speed bumps , and the middle box ( after the c.a.t ) caught on the speed bump , so its still can fail on bumps with a car full etc but it dont catch like a bang , on 2 out of 15 it just got a slight scrape , i will have a look so if i can raise the middle section even more but i dont think i can go much more , what i want to know is , if the middle box was removed and was replaced with a stainles steel stright though pipe that would sort this out 100%.

the question is would the exhast note insdie the car be louder , would it sound diffrent etc etc etc.

1998 V6

at the mo the car exhast system is below :

Blue flame twin exit

x2 pre cats ( down pipes )
C.A.T
Middle section ( with silencer box )
twin exit ( with x2 silencer on each out let )

if i was to mod it , the exhast system would be :

x2 pre cats ( down pipes )
C.A.T
Midle section stright though
twin exit ( with x2 silencer on each out let )

i know kerrw has a middle silencer but no silencer on the out lets , so it would be sort of the same wont it?

thanks guys :L

Ryan.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
chances are it would be noisier i reckon , how much , i dont know :whistling:

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
how about fitting a smaller diameter silencer instead of a plain pipe :L

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i was just going to ask blueflame if i was to pay for it can they send me the middle section but with out the middle box Paul etc , but i dont want it to sound like a loud Nova etc etc etc :}

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if its dry tomorrow i will get under nad see if it can be lifted a touch , or another pin welded on to support the middle section :)

will let you know :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.