Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going down the route of 300mm front disc upgrade. Now im searching for a way to increase rear disc size to fall inline with the massively increased front disc size on the TD.

Would V6 front calipers bolt onto the rear hubs (disc conversion) giving me a easy upgrade and hassle free upgrade of finding bigger rear brakes.

I would go and try but i cannot at the moment as i binned my old st24 front discs and i dont have access to my rear disc hubs.

jcth1

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
it wont work anyway. Not unless you dont plan on having a handbrake. You need to get calipers that have a handbrake mechanism

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang Nabbit. One think i didnt think about. Looks like im going to have to try and hit up a pair of mk3 rear calipers then and hope something like the focus st170 4 stud discs are the right size.

I will invistigate

jcth1

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
mk3 rear disks are 280mm, mk1/2 V6 front brakes are 278mm. Theres food for thought

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
and less chance of upsetting the brake balance , the last thing you want is the rears doing more braking than the fronts :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well im still going to look into a set of mk3 rears aswell as i will be carrying upto 60+ litres of fuel in the boot (dont ask) and the standard v6 rears will look a little small inside my 19''s.

I dont really want to be shelling out £2k on an aftermarket AP or brembo setup (even though i would love too)

jcth1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.