how to change a xenon bulb ?

Please take a look at this video

It was very helpful to me.

Best wishes

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Hi

The important rule is not to touch bulb glass.

Peter

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
i would put that a close 2nd to switching OFF the ignition & making dammed sure the headlights are switched off :} ( they can gove you a hell of a zap if not :D )

also if OEM xenons & the Auto levelling system still works ( ie they dip up & down when you switch on the ignition ) then DO NOT unplug the headlights from the vehicle wiring ( most importantly the passenger side headlight near the battery i think ) so as not to wipe out the levelling system memory - no great loss if you do this though but it does mean a trip to the dealers for the leveling system re-programming :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure that is correct about the levelling system memory?

If unpluggning the head light wiring harness causes memory loss for the levelling system, that means that it also happens when you disconnect the battery from the car?

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
yep, when you either unplug the primary headlight ( passenger side in the UK if memory serves ) or disconnect the battery for any other reason then the headlight levelling memory is lost & needs re-programming at the dealers

this is why a hell of alot of mondies that get serviced/repaired away from main dealers & also some that get worked on @ main dealers ( if they forget to re-program the lights after said works ) no longer have functional auto levelling systems when they 1st fire up the vehicle as its memory has been wiped out during a repair of some kind

the lights still function but they just dont do the auto levelling blip when you 1st fire up the car so most folks dont notice & even mr MOT man must ASSUME its functional if he cant see it functioning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, so I have been without the memory settings for years then... It has passed our "MOT" in Sweden though, so it can't be that wrong/off ;)

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
like about 90% of uk mk3 mondies now i would assume :}

in the UK MOT if the lights auto levelling cant be seen working but they are not out of alignment then they are ASSUMED to be working anyway as they cant actually test the levelling system - tis stupid really but there you go.

·
Super Moderator
30,326 Posts
Only time before they think up a way of testing the levelling.

But they will of course botch it and have to withdraw the test until they can do it properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts