Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my head unit out to add a dab tuner and while I was in there I came across a yellow connector block with 4 wires, (possibly 5). One of the wires was yellow, but I cant remember the others. Does anyone know what it is??

·
It was 49.95
10,123 Posts
usually something like wiring for a cd changer in this case, the car had one at some point, or still has one and you havnt found it

·
Working on the Choo-Choo trains
1,950 Posts
Vehicle Speed Sensor - allows radio volume to be increased at higher speeds to cancel out road noise

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Dixie68 said:
Vehicle Speed Sensor - allows radio volume to be increased at higher speeds to cancel out road noise
that sounds funny lol

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
makes it sound like mondeo;s are very noisy inside though :}

·
Big Megger
211 Posts
I recently fitted a remote stalk for my mk2 and wasnt sure if it was just me or the music was changing volume!

I suppose this clears it up!!

Any way to adjust how much it lowers / highers the volume?

Thanks!

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Ianwinterbottom said:
I leave that dangling where it is then. no use to me. While i'm on the subject tho, I need a wire that gives +12v when the lights are turned on. anyone knoe if theres one in the vicinity of the hu?
yes plenty, you got the clock, you got the heater illumination you got the *** lighter illumination too

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
Wi11 said:
I recently fitted a remote stalk for my mk2 and wasnt sure if it was just me or the music was changing volume!

I suppose this clears it up!!

Any way to adjust how much it lowers / highers the volume?

Thanks!
Press the menu button :L

·
Registered
974 Posts
on a mk2 remove the surround from radio/heater dials, the dials should be screwed into the surround instead of bolted onto the dash, between the blower speed and blower direction there is a plug with 2 wires in, this is the interior light circuit, unplug and the turn on headlights, all dash panels should light except heater switches, use this for your 12v feed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.