Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Was wondering if someone can give me advice. So i've got a spare tyre. It's only a spare in terms of I use it as one. Bought on Ebay. It's a Pirelli 6000 tyre. Checked it out and it seems decent. Checked all the markings and it's got good temperature and traction ratings (A) etc.

However, the wheel has a yellow speed restriction sticker on it. So....has someone put this Pirelli tyre on a wheel that had a spare (speed restricted) tyre on it?

Basically..could the wheel itself somehow be of a different quality etc? Want to know if I can use the tyre on that wheel.

Cheers

Jason

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
My car has a full size spare from new, it's a steel wheel with a 75mph sticker. The tyre was exactly the same as the rest of the alloy wheels.

The manual says "The wheel nuts of alloy wheels ... can also be used for the steel spare wheel for a short time (maximum two weeks)." Perhaps that may be some sort of reason for the restriction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.