Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Please help for BT/VC

135K views 69 replies 34 participants last post by  hulinapeter82 
#1 ·
Hello friends, I upgrade my Mondeo Tit X Okt.2008. From Sony6CD to Blaupunkt NX, I connected Blaupunkt NX with Bluetooth module with cable kit from Fiesta with FINIS code: [color:red]1429802[/color] [color:red]Jumper wiring[/color] , but now I not hear the phone call and dont hear me when I speak (I connected 2 pin mic Finis code 1532666 up to alarm sensor), and voice commands not work . What should I do? IDS configuration? another cable from navigation to Bluetooth module? or any change in the installation of the car / harness cable/.

sorry for my english !!!

thanks in advance !

#2 ·
The wiring for the microphone is different for the satnav.

The 2 drawings below,
1.show you where you need to cut the microphone wire
2. is how to wire it.

I am assuming that you are using a BT/VC phone interface only module (xxxx-19G488-xx), this has a mono output.

If you are using a BT/VC+USB module (8M5T-19C112-xx) you will need to modify the harness as this uses a stereo input (from AUX to module) and stereo output (module to satnav).

#3 ·
Thanks alot Arti, you are GREAT!!!

but i can't open this file, please send me this file to > m.kutev@ford.bg.

my BT VC module is (xxxx-19G488-AK

BUT still I can't hear them. what is desicion for this problem? IDS configuration ???.

How this module may modifity for USB connect /new software for BTVC module/ or this is immposible ?

#4 ·
File sent. (upgrade of web site seems to have affected attached docs).

The 19G488 module does not support USB. Options are :-
1. new module 8M5T-19C112-xM (x is language) or later.
2. upgrade software in module (it's possible, but the instructions on how to are available, but not the location of the file/s).

#11 ·
File sent. (upgrade of web site seems to have affected attached docs).

The 19G488 module does not support USB. Options are :-

1. new module 8M5T-19C112-xM (x is language) or later.

2. upgrade software in module (it's possible, but the instructions on how to are available, but not the location of the file/s).
Hi, ive got the file... but never tested it so I havent distributed it.. as I dont want to be held responsible if it goes wrong lol.

Also, hope this helps,

Eng. PN: 8M5T-19C112-AE
From: 25-02-2008 To: 10-04-2008 Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - British
From: 25-02-2008 To: 10-04-2008 Blue Tooth Interface Connect, Voice Activated Module - British
Replaces,
8M5T-19C112-AA
8M5T-19C112-AB
8M5T-19C112-AC

Eng. PN: 8M5T-19C112-AG
From: 10-04-2008 To: 09-06-2008 Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - British
From: 10-04-2008 To: 09-06-2008 Blue Tooth Interface Connect, Voice Activated Module - British
Replaces,
8M5T-19C112-AF

Eng. PN: 8M5T-19C112-AH
From: 09-06-2008 To: 29-09-2008 Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - British
From: 09-06-2008 To: 29-09-2008 Blue Tooth Interface Connect, Voice Activated Module - British

Eng. PN: 8M5T-19C112-AK
From: 29-09-2008 To: 02-03-2009 Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - British
From: 29-09-2008 To: 02-03-2009 Blue Tooth Interface Connect, Voice Activated Module - British
Replaces,
8M5T-19C112-AJ

Eng. PN: 8M5T-19C112-AL
From: 02-03-2009 To: 23-03-2009 BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect, Voice Activated Module - British
From: 02-03-2009 To: 23-03-2009 Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - British

Eng. PN: 8M5T-19C112-AM
Part Number, FINIS: 1583717
From: 23-03-2009 BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect, Voice Activated Module - British
From: 23-03-2009 Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - British

NONE OF THE BELOW MODULES ARE USB COMPATIBLE... ONLY BASIC MODULES FOR BVC ONLY, ALSO ONLY MONO OUTPUT

Eng. PN: 7M5T-19G488-AE
From: 03-12-2007 To: 25-02-2008 BT/VC Phone Interface Only, Voice Activated Module - British
Replaces,
4M5T-19G488-AA
4M5T-19G488-AB
4M5T-19G488-AC
4M5T-19G488-AD
4M5T-19G488-AE
7M5T-19G488-AD

Eng. PN: 8M5T-19G488-AE
From: 25-02-2008 To: 05-05-2008 BT/VC Phone Interface Only, Voice Activated Module - British
Replaces,
8M5T-19G488-AA
8M5T-19G488-AB
8M5T-19G488-AC

Eng. PN: 8M5T-19G488-AG
From: 05-05-2008 To: 23-06-2008 BT/VC Phone Interface Only, Voice Activated Module - British
Replaces,
8M5T-19G488-AF

Eng. PN: 8M5T-19G488-AH
From: 23-06-2008 To: 22-09-2008 BT/VC Phone Interface Only, Voice Activated Module - British

Eng. PN: 8M5T-19G488-AK

From: 22-09-2008 To: 02-03-2009 BT/VC Phone Interface Only, Voice Activated Module - British
Replaces,
8M5T-19G488-AJ

Eng. PN: 8M5T-19G488-AL
From: 02-03-2009 To: 24-03-2009 BT/VC Phone Interface Only, Voice Activated Module - British

Eng. PN: 8M5T-19G488-AM

Part Number, FINIS: 1583726
From: 24-03-2009 BT/VC Phone Interface Only, Voice Activated Module - British

NOTE:

* Newer modules replace older modules, therefore older modules are no longer available.
* Information is provided as reference to compare what features your current module supports, rather than a reflection on which modules are actually currently available, in order to decide whether a module replacement upgrade is required or not.Modules do not need to usually be configured by a dealer on IDS using a VCM.. usually plug and play

#6 ·
The problem you have, is the connection between the BT module and the sat/nav.

What are the full Ford part nos. for the BT module and the sat/nav?
What firmware version is on the sat/nav?

Confirm you have fitted new indicator switch with (voice) push button on the end (and phone symble rocker switch) finis no. 1507180.

Using this :- http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Quadlock_Stereo_Connector_-_Facelift_Mk3
This diagram is from the side where the wires enter the quadlock connecter.

Confirm
BT pin 1 connected to connecter B pin 1
BT pin 2 connected to connecter B pin 7.

If you still have the original Sony h/u re-connect it (MAKE NO CHANGES), try a phone call, what is the result?

NX sat/nav is high. Wiring diagram is DVD-nav upto 03/2008.

You need to get BT working before thinking about USB.

IDS is not necessary as it's all plug and it plays (on the Mondeo).

With the answers to the above, hopefully we can sort this out.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
[quote name=The Artilleryman]The problem you have, is the connection between the BT module and the sat/nav.

What are the full Ford part nos. for the BT module and the sat/nav? [color:red]8M5T-19G488-AK[/color]
What firmware version is on the sat/nav? [color:red]I instal SP 5 , the car and donor car are Produced okt 2008[/color]

Confirm you have fitted new indicator switch with (voice) push button on the end (and phone symble rocker switch) finis no. 1507180 - [color:red]YES.[/color]

Using this :- http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Quadlock_Stereo_Connector_-_Facelift_Mk3
This diagram is from the side where the wires enter the quadlock connecter.

Confirm
BT pin 1 connected to connecter B pin 1
BT pin 2 connected to connecter B pin 7.
[color:red]OK[/color]

If you still have the original Sony h/u re-connect it (MAKE NO CHANGES), try a phone call, what is the result? [color:red]I havent[/color]

NX sat/nav is high. Wiring diagram is DVD-nav upto 03/2008.

You need to get BT working before thinking about USB. [color:red]I want BT dosent problem is USB port[/color]

IDS is not necessary as it's all plug and it plays (on the Mondeo). [color:red]ok[/color]

With the answers to the above, hopefully we can sort this out. [color:eek:range][color:red]Thanks[/color][/color]

[/quote]

#8 ·
Looking at the fitment dates for the BT module, I wonder if this module only has a stereo output?

Use the existing wires

BT pin 1 to B pin 1
BT pin 2 to B pin 7.

move BT pin 1 wire to BT pin 5 (Left line out)
move BT pin 2 wire to BT pin 23 (Audio ground)

move Sat/nav B pin 1 to C pin 5 (remove existing wire, carefully)
move Sat/nav B pin 7 to C pin 6 (remove existing wire, carefully and connect to C pin 10 Audio ground THIS IS CORRECT 08/2008 Sat/nav).

This hopefully will give you phone and voice commands from left speaker.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Glad that worked.

Unfortunately you now have BT on the left speaker (only) and AUX socket feed on the right speaker (only).
To get BT and AUX socket in stereo you will need to undo this :-

move BT pin 1 wire to BT pin 5 (Left line out)move back to pin 1
move BT pin 2 wire to BT pin 23 (Audio ground)move back to pin 2

move Sat/nav B pin 1 to C pin 5 (remove existing wire, carefully)move back to B pin 1, reconnect existing wire
move Sat/nav B pin 7 to C pin 6 (remove existing wire, carefully and connect to C pin 10 Audio ground THIS IS CORRECT 08/2008 Sat/nav).move back to B pin 7 (leave C pin 10 as is)

And then modify the lead to the AUX socket as per dbeydade's diagram attached below.
Note. Ground Loop Isolater NOT REQUIRED.

Then it's finished.

Attachments

#12 ·
Hi mates,
i have read the whole topic and i came to the conclusion that for the sat nav to work with my vehicle i need:

to redo the pin connections for the microphone, to have a new fascia (which may be the most difficult part) and buy an external antenna.
Is there something else?
Thanks

#15 ·
If BT & VC was factory fitted, all you need to do is change this plug :-

Should be located on the bulkhead behind the glove box, yours should have 2 loops and needs to be changed for one with 4 loops - there are only 2 listed for pre 08/2008 Mondeo's. Job done.

USB is complicated by the need to modify the AUX socket wiring, also a new BT module is required - expensive.

#19 ·
It's on the BT module page, the part picture is labeled 19A391B.

Yes you can modify your existing plug.

Your current plug is wired 1 to 5 and 2 to 6
satnav plug is wired
1 to 3
2 to 4
5 to 7
6 to 8
good luck.

#21 ·
Hello everyone,

I've just bought myself an early 2008 Mondeo MK4 titanium, with the Sony 6 CD head unit but no bluetooth, voice control or USB. I've run through the test sequence on the radio and here are the results:

RADIO_GGDS_4
BL: 02-05-44
CD:3.0.06
FB: 06.00
EQ: 39
ALIGN
08/06/2007
SN: SOCD6X7V017011
CS: 34C803E9

Can anyone advise me how I can add bluetooth? Which module I need etc?

Cheers

#23 ·
What he said. Mine's a 57 plate, all the numbers are the same as above except the serial number (durr). There is so much info on here its hard to see the wood for the trees so maybe its easier to just ask. Also, the links to the "how to's" seem to be broken. Not bothered about USB, but having had Bluetooth on my old MK3 I would like it now.

#22 ·
I'd like to add a module to this list. I've just fitted an 8M5T-19C112-AP from a 2011 Focus to my 2009 Mondeo with the TravelPilot NX headunit and it works 100%. It does have a different USB connection to the glovebox (now a standard USB Mini-B connector, rather than a proprietary Ford one) but you can buy an updated cable from Ford or make your own one up like I did by splicing a standard Mini-B connector on the end of your current cable.

Don't appear to have A2DP (will check further) but have full iPod, USB and Bluetooth functionality. Voice control is unaffected as it is present already in the TravelPilot NX.

#25 ·
Lee, if you didn't have bt before then you might not have a mic fitted. Sorry don't know your cars original setup.

#26 ·
I was starting to think I was on my own in here, thanks for the reply. Mine is an early Mk4 which didn't have bluetooth as standard although it does seem to have 99% of the loom. After following Artilleryman's tutorials I found all the wiring right up to and including the big connector for the BT module. I've fitted the Mic, the indicator stalk with the VC and phone buttons and a compatible BT module but got to the point described above. Managed to find the info I needed today and have linked pins 1 to 5 and 2 to 6 in the grey connector and hey presto, the world can hear me now.
The only bit that I think might be not right is there is no sign of the phone on the Converse screen. I can live with that, especially if I can set up voice dialling.

So, all in all, we'll call that a success.

#27 ·
You nay need a new convers+ or an update, I reckon your version will be 0806 with only option to go to 0815 which does support phones although the car may need to be told via IDS about the bt so you want to weigh up the hassle vs costs.

#29 ·
If you look further up the page at the photo on Artilleryman's post you will see the official part that would mate to the connector we are talking about. I'm tight and impatient so I managed to make the relevant connections using some terminals and wires. The connector in question is fixed to the bulkhead. With the glovebox removed look up and try to trace the loom round from the plug that the microphone wires feed through at the bottom of the A pillar. It was a while ago now, but if I remember correctly it is quite well tucked up in the rat's nest behind the dash. Once you've found it you should be able to see numbering for the pins moulded into the plastic. Use the instructions and the photo for guidance and you should be there.

Good luck

#30 ·
I was not sure which connector was it. I thought you had discovered something new! I have already bought it. Today I spent the all morning trying to replace the old BT (low) with the new BT (high) but, I didn't complete the job because I couldn't find the "fatuba plug" to modify the AUX cable.

Thanks for your reply.
Nino

#31 ·
Hi nubie here. After driving around in 1.8LX Mk 1 for the last 19 yrs I finally joined the 21st century by buying a Dec-09 build Titanium X Estate a couple of weeks ago.

I would like to retro fit the USB port for full iPod connectivity. After reading various threads here I believe will 'just' need a different BT/VC module and a few wires available from Ford dealers.

The current status of the car is a

Sony 6CD radio - firmware 05-06-03

Convers+ Ver 1007

BT/VC module 8M5T-19G488-AN

Am I correct in saying that the replacement module should be 8M5T-19C112-AL(AM, AP) or an AU7T-19C112-AT

I'm in no tearing rush to get the job done but I would like to know what I should be looking for on eBay

Thanks for any help received

Paul

#32 ·
It's on the BT module page, the part picture is labeled 19A391B.

Yes you can modify your existing plug.

Your current plug is wired 1 to 5 and 2 to 6
satnav plug is wired
1 to 3
2 to 4
5 to 7
6 to 8
good luck.
Hi, My name is Nik and i like to know if i can connect a 6cd changer to my SatNav NX?Also you habe any idea how i can see the NX dirrection into convers screen?

Thanks a lot in advance

Nik

P.S if you can send me mail to cougar-@otenet.gr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.